Experience that we're looking for:
- 3-6+ yrs of high-volume production web engineering experience (we handle 1000+ Debian hosts and serve millions of customers per day)
- *nix kernels, filesystems, security, and internals
- MySQL, complex replication, and dealing with large datasets
- strong proficiency with shell, python, or perl
- strong troubleshooting and root-cause analytical skills
- strong networking background - we have a nation-wide MPLS network and a strong familiarity with major routing/switching protocols and equipment is a bonus
- broadcast engineering - Are you familiar with SD/HD television broadcasting and delivering content to baseband providers?
Personality we're looking for:
- Self-driven; we have a very flat management structure. As a senior engineer, you'll be expected to have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and skill to manage yourself, and learn our platforms and deliver solutions quickly. We throw you in the technical deep end to see if you can swim.
- Ability, experience, and determination count much more than certifications or college degrees. You'll be hired and advance based off of your technical ability and contribution.
- A very good sense of humor, kindness, and team spirit.
- Deal with daily operations and site reliability engineering tasks ranging anywhere from server administration, designing architecture, to advising software engineers on best practices.
- Continuously improve our systems! We're primarily LAMP, but run complex implementations of things like Puppet, Redis, MySQL, and ElasticSearch.
- Participate in a 3-tier on-call rotation and work to improve systems and redundancy to prevent calls.
Compensation & Perks: ( DOE)
We offer very competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits, 401(k) with 50% contribution match, flex-time, subsidised transportation passes/parking & fitness membership, and a profit sharing program with no vesting period. Additional perks include: catered lunches, company paid trips to exotic locales, bagel/fruit Fridays, team events/lunches, family picnics, holiday dinners/parties, happy hours, and a very fun and relaxed work environment.